Thursday, September 25, 2008

get into the groove


a year or so ago, i happened upon the amazing mandalas created by christine claringbold that she paints on old records. recently, i was at a library book sale and found a box of old 33's and thought i'd give it a whirl.
get into the groove is my first mandala done in this fashion. i discovered that i actually LOVE using this approach. it's fun working on something that is already round, while giving a nod to the whole recycling thing.
i was so pleased with the result that i went to the goodwill store yesterday and stocked up on more albums to use as my canvas. i even found an old 78 - which i was thrilled to discover in the mix.
be on the lookout for more of these babies...i'm totally in the groove!

2 comments:

Beverly Keaton Smith said...

Hey Stacy! Welcome to blogland. I'm thrilled to see you here! This is so cool about your latest mandalas. I can't wait to see them in person. Looks beautiful in the photo...I'm adding your blog link to my blog and to my google reader account so I can keep up with your blog! yay!!
Beverly

cjbc said...

That's very pretty. Click over to my blog to see some of the other cool things I am doing with vinyl records! Glad to have inspired you. Your work is gorgeous.