Monday, September 23, 2013

Art Exhibit in Progress



It has been awhile since I've done an exhibit of my artwork, so I was pleased at how this display came together.  There's a little bit of everything...mandalas, alcohol inks, Citra Solv art, mixed media and tiles.   I also have two of my scrapbooks on hand that people can look through.  One chronicles the progression of my artwork, including the first mandala I ever made back in December 2005.  The other has examples of mandalas from nature and everyday objects,  as well as,  the "sacred circles"  from various cultures and spiritual traditions.   If you're in the Canton, MS area between now and October 8th, I do hope you'll stop by and take a peek.    The exhibit is taking place at the Canton Welcome Center, which is located in the old Trolio Hotel, 141 N. Union Street.  The  Welcome Center is open from 10 - 5 Monday through Friday and from 10 - 2 on Saturdays.


4 comments:

Mystic Meandering said...

Congratulations Stacy! How wonderful to have your very own exhibit to display such a wide variety of creativity and art! Exciting times! :)

Stacy Wills said...

Thank you, Christine! This has been the most satisfying exhibit I've done so far. I like that it has a little bit of everything I've ever done over the last 8 years.

Edith said...

Oh Stacy how absolutely wonderful. Your art display looks stunning! Congratulations :) xoxox

Stacy Wills said...

Many thanks, Edith! It is in conjunction with a fashion exhibit featuring dresses made from recycled materials. Some very creative outfits are also on display by local artists.